We've had a busy Thanksgiving weekend...David's parents have been in town and his brother and sister-in-law joined us as well for Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey turned out well although Lily didn't think much of it, I think she'd have preferred 'Bumble Bee cereal' aka Honey Nut Cheerioes... Lily did get a chance to help Aunt Megan make the pumpkin pie and she did a great job except for the part when she licked the measuring spoon that had the cloves in it...that was not a pleasant surprise for her!! She was trying to wipe her tongue on any possible surface after that...
We are going to see Santa at his Minneapolis-based workshop tomorrow. He and his elf, Alfred, are in town so we're taking the girls to watch the little show and have a picture taken with Santa. Lily is excited to see Santa so I'm hopeful that this might be the first year we don't have a crying picture with Santa...best not count my chickens before they hatch though. I'm sure at least Bridget will be good for a crying Santa picture. :-)
Dave got Lily some ice skates last week too so we're going to try to get down to the ice rink and test them out. I even had him sharpen my ice skates so we'll see how far we make it. It's been a very long time since I was on ice skates so hopefully I stay upright most of the time.
It was Grandpa Bob's birthday today and Lily sang Happy Birthday to him and shared his little cake with him. He was lucky he got as many bites as he did! ;-)
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment