Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tales from the infirmary...


David has escaped so far but the girls and I are all recovering from a cold/sore throat. I'm sure the first of many for the winter season. Lily has been having an upset tummy lately too so took her to the doctor yesterday. The doctor got such a kick out of her, he asked me if I just laugh all day long with her around. :-) We're waiting on some lab results to see if it's something they can give her antibiotics for or if it's something she just needs to fight on her own. I hope they can help her as I feel bad for her when her stomach is bothering her all the time. Has made it hard to make that last transition over to underwear too. Hopefully when this is all sorted out, we can make that leap and be done with the pull-ups too! Yippee!

Lily was watching Dora the other day, "Dora saves the Mermaids" to be exact. She said, when I get big, I'm going to be a mermaid. I laughed but thought about how it's sad that someday you have to grow up and realize that you can't actually be a mermaid. That sense of infinite possibility is something to preserve...

Bridget has one of her bottom teeth through now and the other one is poking up just on one corner. I'm hoping that she gets those in soon and starts sleeping a bit better at night. She's been up about every 2 to 3 hours all week and hasn't slept through the night since Labor Day...it's ok the first month, but starts to get old every month after that!! Remaining ever hopeful though that a full night's sleep is somewhere in my near future!

On Saturday, I got some baby cereal ready for Bridget and then had to stop to help Lily with the potty. So I ran upstairs really quick to grab some underwear for her. When I got back downstairs about 15 seconds later, Lily was up at the table with Bridget and she said 'Mom, I feed Bridget!!' I had to snap a couple of pictures, it was so funny. She actually did a good job getting it into Bridget's mouth and not all over her pj's...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny...of course, she could always be a mermaid at Sea World or something!