Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Got Lily?

So Lily is at G&G Wollan's this week - what a strange thing to not have her around the apartment!! She and I drove up on Sunday morning to Fargo to meet Grandma Sandy for the big exchange. We also got to see Grandma Barb who happened to be in town to visit her sister. And of course we also saw Uncle Alex and we got to see Lucy! Lucy didn't recognize us at first, until she got close enough to smell us and see just who we were. Then she went crazy with jumping all over me which was fun.

Lily had no problems jumping right in Grandma's little blue car and away they went! I've talked to them in the evenings every night and they are doing great. When I call, I can always hear Lily just having a blast in the background. I'm glad she's getting the chance to have fun with G&G this week and get some one-on-one attention. Now, the trick will be talking her into coming home at some point!!

Started my new job on Monday - things are going well but just starting to get into things so far. Still trying to figure out what is what and who is who at this point!

Bridget has been talking more lately - on Saturday, she was up in Lily's bed to wake her up and she said 'Hi Sista! Hi Sista!' - so funny. She also says 'Hi Dada' and 'All Done' and she does the sign for 'More' and 'light'.

Lily and I also went to 'Walking with Dinosaurs' ( http://www.dinosaurlive.com ) on Saturday morning at the Xcel center - it was such a fun show! She got a dinosaur tail that you can put on and walk around with. I sent it with her to Grandma's house this week so maybe they'll get some pictures...She liked the show and we spent a long time talking about the baby T-Rex and the mommy T-Rex and the Anklosaurus and Taurosaurus and all the different dinosaurs we saw at the show. They actually have a narrator who goes through everything and then they bring out the different dinosaurs at different points in the story. The dinosaurs are robotic but they look so real! And they are huge!! Lily did spend some time with her hands over her ears as they did have pretty load 'Roars!' but she got used to the noise level before too long.

House news, they have the concrete block done now for the basement. They had it partially sealed when I drove by to look today. The next big step will be framing but they won't be free to do that until closer to the week of the 4th because of the other house that is ahead of ours...so we will wait patiently... ;-)

No comments: