Friday, August 29, 2008

Horse Races!



Lily and I took an outing with Amy, Mark and Jack to the horse races at Canterbury Park - it's right by our apartment and the building looks like a castle so Lily has been wanting to go there for a long time. We watched three horse races and walked back to the stables between all the races to see the horses getting ready. Before we got there, Lily was full of questions - will there be any pink horses? When can I take one home? I had to explain to her that a horse just would not fit in our apartment! We did see one horse with pink 'socks' so that made her happy.

G&G Herzog were here until Tuesday - they were a great help and did great with the girls. They even got to fit in a little playing with the Wii - here's a pic of Lily and G'ma Barb playing the boxing game. We sure appreciated them coming down and it was great to see them. I'm sure they're enjoying their vacation at home now!! :-)

Bridget had her 15-month appt on Thursday (even though she's already 16 months - oops!) and everything was good. Dave took her and Lily with to the doctor's office and after listening to Lily for a couple of minutes, the doctor told Dave to expect Bridget to talk later because her older sister talks for her. Lily is a constant talker as long as Dora isn't on or she's not reading a book so I'm sure it'd be hard for Bridget to get a word in edgewise! Bridget does talk some but not as much as Lily did at that age. And there are a lot of words that she won't use often but I know that she can say them. She seems to talk only when she needs to.

Stopped at the house on Thursday night and they have put most of the cabinets in the kitchen so it's starting to look a bit more put together. It's getting a bit easier to actually imagine living there now. I did order some window shades for the girls' room and got some curtain rods for several windows this week so I'll have some of that done ahead of time. I still want to find some curtains for a few more rooms before closing date comes along as we'll be busy trying to do outdoor stuff before it gets too cold once we close.

No comments: