Sunday, October 5, 2008

New House!

What a week! We closed on the house on Friday the 26th - I went to the closing and signed the paperwork and then drove right down to the hospital to be with Megan and Jade as she had been in labor all night! Baby Brooke Alison made her debut at about 8 pm that night so I was so honored to get to be a part of that. I thought she and I had an understanding that she wasn't going to come on closing day but I guess not!! ;-) So far, she has been a great little baby for Megan and Jade and sleeping well so they lucked out!

So, we moved on Saturday and then started in on Monday on the yard. Dave has been working like a dog for the past week to get all the outside stuff done before it gets too cold to do it. He got in all the edging on Monday and Tuesday and then the sprinkler company came to do the sprinklers on Wednesday morning. Thursday they dropped off black dirt and mulch and then Friday he ran around with a bobcat to spread out all the dirt. Friday after work, they dropped off all the sod. He had 3 helpers helping him sod on Saturday - Jade, Jade's father-in-law Larry, and one of our new neighbors so that was very nice of them to help us out. They started in the morning around 8 and were done shortly after lunch. There is a little bit of landscaping fabric still to lay out and mulch to do but it's close to being done now.

It's raining here today (giving that new sod a good drink) so we might get to tackle a few things inside the house now. I have made good progress on boxes but lots of things that I can't do without another person so now that Dave is done on the outside work for a bit, I can get him to help me inside.

The girls like their new rooms but as soon as either of them gets up in the morning, they want to go see the other one right away. So that is cute. It is so nice to not have them in the same room where they are waking each other up!

No comments: