Monday, January 7, 2008

Thankful



I was reminded today of how very lucky we are to have two healthy, beautiful little girls. A co-worker of mine has two little nieces who were recently born at not quite 24 weeks and one of the twins passed away late last week. The other is fighting to stay alive. As I read through the CaringBridge site (a kind of blog site specially for people in the hospital), I was really struck by how unbelievably blessed I have been to have such healthy babies and have never had to go through the anguish of having a baby go through anything like that. I gave my girls an extra hug today when I got home and thanked my lucky stars that they are in my life!

The girls are both doing great, Bridget rang in the New Year with me although I was a bit of an unwilling partier at that point. She was up until after 1 am on New Year's Eve despite my best efforts to get her to sleep. Dave and I laughed that maybe next year, we will actually get to spend New Year's Eve together! Dave and Lily went over to the neighborhood New Year's party until about 8:30 when Lily came home for bedtime. It took quite awhile for her to settle down and go to bed too

I've been thinking I need to start doing some planning for Lily's birthday in February, I was thinking I'd either do a Dora party or a Princess party as those seem to be her main two interests now. So I asked her which one and she switches back and forth daily on which one but now she's decided that what she really wants is a 'Lily' party with 'Lily' on her cupcakes...not sure how I'm going to do that but it is funny! I wonder if they sell 'Lily' plates down at Party America...

Bridget is starting to get closer to crawling. She can get up on her knees occasionally but she's not sure what to do once she gets there. She gets around pretty well by sliding this way and that but eventually she'll figure out it's way faster to be crawling. She does get fast enough that she sneaks up on Lily once and awhile and really yanks on Lily's hair - that's Bridget's favorite pastime in the world, pulling hair.

No comments: