Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trying to stay warm!


Cold, cold, cold here today. It's supposed to be -25 with the windchill tonight so I am staying snug in my house! We've been hovering around zero all week, they are saying maybe 30's this weekend so that will feel tropical for us!

Bridget is getting closer to crawling. She gets on her tummy and then gets really mad because her knees slip out from under her on the hardwood floors. If she's on carpet, she can get her knees under her and rock back and forth. We might have to pull out the big area rug for a few weeks here until she can master the crawling on those slippery floors thing...She's also started clapping and doing a bit of a wave for hello and goodbye. She had her 9-month appt on the 18th and she was 22 lbs and 30 inches long - over the 97th % for height and at the 95th % for weight so still a big baby! The doctor said we'd wait until her 1-year appt to do the allergy testing for her milk allergy so we have to wait until then to see if we put her on soy milk or just what. I'm certainly looking forward to the day when I can have a bit of dairy back in my diet but if I've stuck it out this far, I can do it another few months!

Lily and I are going to go to her first movie in the theater on Saturday morning. They have a special showing for kids and we're going with some of her friends, Jack and Jake. We're going to see 'The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything' - Lily is excited to go see the movie and to eat popcorn! Should be a fun experience and hopefully we make it through most of the movie. :-) Lily's favorite movie lately has been Charlotte's Web - she started reciting some of the lines out of the movie for me today and she really hasn't seen it that many times...guess they are listening much closer than a person thinks they are...

Am getting anxious for spring (all ready...) and thinking about what I'm going to plant in my flowerbeds and how I'm going to talk Dave into letting me put another flower bed in the yard...I might have to do that when he's gone for a day and it'll be a little surprise for him when he gets back! :-) Dave and I were talking about how this summer would be much different for us than last summer. Bridget will probably be walking and Lily will be able to drive her car much more this summer and her trike and things like that. Could be a busy summer chasing after them but will be fun to watch Bridget discover all those new things and watch Lily master some of the things that she didn't quite get last year (like steering, which is kind of important to the driving thing...)

No comments: