So, we're back from California. Although it wasn't all that sunny when we were there, it was still warmer than MN in February so that was a nice break. The girls (especially Lily) had fun in CA and Lily loved playing with her cousins Tess and Libby. I predict there will be some serious fun had with that whole bunch over the next ten years!
We went to San Diego Zoo, Laguna Beach, and the Oceanside Beach (plus Ruby's at the Pier) when we were in CA. Between and rain and just getting the girls back to the house for naptime, we didn't have a lot of free time to do too much. But we did get to do some fun things plus got to spend lots of time with G&G Herzog and Dave's brother John and his wife June and of course, Tess and Libby. The girls put on a special show with Lily too and did some gymnastics moves and it was really cute. I was wishing I had brought my video recorder to capture that!
Took us a few days to readjust to the Central time zone from being out on the Pacific time zone for almost a week. Dave and I are still staying up late, just doesn't feel like it's as late as it is here! Bridget is mostly readjusted and Lily is getting there too.
Lily got a sliver in her hand when we were at Laguna Beach and when she told me about it later, she said she had a 'lizard' in her hand. After I finally figured out what she was talking about, I tried to convince her it was actually called a sliver but she was having none of that. So we had to put a band-aid on her lizard so it would feel better. It took me until last night to finally talk her into letting me take the band-aid off and get the sliver out.
Lily liked the beach, when we went to Laguna beach and she put her toes in the sand, her face just lit up. Then she kept asking - where's the sandbox??? I told her this is one big sandbox! She was scared to go out by the water but I finally got her to go with me and stick her toes in a bit. The water was pretty chilly. Then she let it get a little further up and ended up falling right into the wet sand so thank goodness Aunt June had thought to throw in some extra clothes because Lily needed them!
It has warmed up a little this weekend, in the 30's today and tomorrow and I am anxious for spring...guess I better not hold my breath quite yet though...
No comments:
Post a Comment