Saturday, March 8, 2008

The next Mary Lou Retton??

We had Lily's first ever Gymnastics class today. We went last week to sign her up and the teacher offered to let her jump on the big trampoline a bit and she was not buying that for one minute. So all week, I kept telling her that she was going to get to jump on the big tramp when she went to gymnastics. And she'd say 'I'm going to jump on the big trampoline when I'm big Mom. When I'm three, I can jump on the big trampoline'. Then we'd remind her that she is 3 and she'd insist she was 2 and too little for the big trampoline. So Saturday arrives and we go to class, she sees on the other kids out there doing stuff and can't get her shoes off fast enough. She has a class of about 6/7 other little girls and she did great with trying everything but not quite so good at the listening to the teacher part...The teacher had to go retrieve her several times from different parts of the gym and take her back to the rest of the class. She gets a little distracted by anything else going on and goes over to investigate that...I had flash forwards into school conferences as I was sitting there watching this...So, she likes the gymnastics but we've got to work on the whole staying-with-the-class thing and the listening-when-the-teacher-says-to-come-back thing too...uffda.

Other than that, we have been looking at possibly building a different house so we are still looking at it but getting more serious. We're planning to put our house up on the market probably the 17th of March and see what happens. If we sold and moved, we will still be in Shakopee, just a little further west than we are now. So, we'll see what happens.

Bridget is pulling up on things now and standing. She hasn't really started to take steps along things yet but I'm sure that won't be far behind now. I'm starting to gather some things for her birthday in April but I haven't gotten very far yet...I don't know what I do with all my spare time! ;-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG....new house! Where have I been? So cute the with the gynmastics. Griffin starts tomorrow so wish me luck! He said if he doesn't want to do it he doesn't have to until he is 16 yrs old. Interesting!

Leah